Google Pigeon - most recent SEO Algorithm updated on August 2014
Posted on 06th Aug 2014 11:23 AM
Search Engine optimization ( SEO ) Online Training and classroom training to students by real time industry experts by Global I-Matrix Solutions (p) Ltd from Hyderabad, India. For more details contact us on 9000866282 or mail us at : email@example.com
Google has released a new algorithm to provide a more useful, relevant and accurate local search results that are tied more closely to traditional web search ranking signals. The changes will be visible within the Google Maps search results and Google Web search results.
Google confirmed that the update started to roll out on July 24 for US English results, and it's not yet known when the update would roll out more widely in other countries and languages. This is not a penalty-based update
The recent search engine algorithm update announced by Google is code named Pigeon. This is not, however, the official name of the update. It was thus christened by search engine Land. This is not the first time that Search Engine Land choose a name for Google’s algorithm updates; a few years ago, it chose Farmer as an early name for Panda.
Understanding the Pigeon Update
At this time, Pigeon seems to only impact local search queries made in English within the United States(this new update not now in India may be this update will impact within six months) This is actually good news for small business owners. At first sight, Pigeon seems to give preference to local businesses over local brands. I mean for example, someone looking for pizza restaurants in Dilsukhnagar, now we can get that lists local restaurants near to you.
Before Pigeon, there was a strong chance that searching for pizza restaurants in Dilsukhnagar will return listings for major brands such as Domino’s and Pizza Hut towards the top of the SERP.
What google says about pigeon update
- Google told that the new local search algorithm ties deeper into their web search capabilities, including the hundreds of ranking signals they use in web search along with search features such as Knowledge Graph, spelling correction, synonyms and more.
- The new algorithm is currently rolling out for US English results and aims to provide a more useful and relevant experience for searchers seeking local results. Google didn’t share any details about if and when the update would roll out more widely in other countries and languages.
- In addition, Google said that this new algorithm improves their distance and location ranking parameters.
- The core changes are behind the scenes, but it does impact local search results rankings and some local businesses may notice an increase or decrease in web site referrals, leads and business from the change.
- Google has not commented on the percent of queries impacted by this algorithm update.
What SEO do to get good results
- Content is Still King : High quality content on your website. While modifying existing content can be helpful, often the problem is not enough content so make sure to focus on producing new and enriching material. Include your local area address also. Update your profiles on Google+
- Optimize Long-Tail Keywords: Avoid short tail key to get good results, you should change short tail key words into long tail key words with addition of local area address, city, country.
- Modify Title tags: City or state included into your website's title tags.Product/service keyword in business title
- Customer reviews: Large number of positive customer reviews on Google+ Local page and on third-party sources
- Submit to local Directories: Submit your business to those directories, that are currently ranking high for your keyword, but don't list your business yet.
- Design page for Google+: Put a heavy emphasis on your listing's image and rating, while showing all options side-by-side. So make sure to put a nice, high-quality and attractive photo in your Google+ business profile and encourage your customers to review your business.