Web Applications vs Desktop Applications
Posted on 19th Jul 2013 12:59 PM
iMatrix Solutions Offer ADVANCED WEB DESIGNING/PHP/SEO online/classroom course, hyderabad:by experienced faculty who are real time industry experts and web designers indeed. We Global I-Matrix Software Solutions are one of the best Web designing and development company in Hyderabad, India.For details and clarification contact us: 040-42204594, +91 9000866282. mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are Web Applications and Desktop Applications:
Web applications are those which can be accessed from the internet.It is a computer program which enables visitors of site to view the data, submit the data and even receive data using preferred web browser.
Where as a desktop application means any software that can be installed on a single computer i.e on laptop or a desktop and they are used to perform specific tasks. Some desktop applications can also be used by multiple users sharing same network.
-Paint Brush program
Advantages using web apps over Desk top Apps:
- Maintenance - They don't require installation and updating which saves a lot of administration work for large companies. They're also good for users who have more than one computer.Web based applications need to be installed only once where as desktop applications are to be installed separately on each computer.
- Ease of use- Web applications development makes it convenient for the users to access the application from any location using the Internet.
- Usable from any gadget-Web applications can be used from any computers whether it is from normal PC, a laptop, smartphones, iPhones, low cost mobiles,etc.
- Many Web Apps are creating chat facilities and the ability to share your work in real time The world is becoming more and more social – people want to collaborate and work online together and Web Apps allows this, painlessly.
- In Web Applications data can be stored remotely i.e. from/to any distance.
- They are better suitable for low-end computers and require little disk space.
Limitations of Web Applications:
- Security-Web applications are exposed to more security risks than desktop applications. You can have a total control over the standalone(like Desktop) applications and protect it from various vulnerabilities(attacks). This may not be the case with web applications as they are open to a large number of users in the Internet community thus widening the threat.
- Connectivity- Web applications totally depend upon internet connectivity and speed.Absence of internet, or its poor connectivity can cause performance issues with web applications, where as Desktop applications are standalone in nature and do not face any delay in action resulting from internet connectivity.
- Cost Factor-Web Application development and its maintenance involve higher costs.Desktop applications are purchased one time and there are not continually occurring charges. However, in certain cases, maintenance fees may be charged